IBM FlashSystem 9100 system is an all-flash, powerful end-to-end Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) enterprise storage solution that combines the performance of IBM FlashCore technology.
FlashSystem 9100 is built on the efficiency of IBM Spectrum Virtualize, and delivered on a proven IBM software solution with extremely low latencies for your multi cloud deployments.
This course introduces the FlashSystem 9100 NVMe Control Enclosure models: IBM 9846/9848 FlashSystem 9110, Model AF7 and IBM 9846/9848 FlashSystem 9150, Model AF8.
It also focuses on the integration of FlashSystem 9100 SAS-Attached expansion enclosures; scalability performance with NVMe; and the intuitive sight of IBM Storage Insights which helps optimize the storage infrastructure using predictive analytics.
This lecture based course is for individuals who are assessing and/or planning to deploy the IBM FlashSystem 9100. Typical students may include:
• Technical IBM personnel
• Business Partner technical personnel
• IT consultants and architects
The following courses, or equivalent knowledge, are recommended prior to this course:
- Foundations of Storage (SS00DG)
- Storage Area Network Fundamentals (SN71DG)
- IBM Flash Storage Fundamental (SSFS1G)
- Recall the history and fundamentals for IBM FlashSystem storage.
- Summarize the concept of IBM Spectrum Virtualization software features.
- Distinguish the core principles of the IBM FlashCore Technology.
- Classify the characteristics and components of the IBM FlashSystem 9100 storage systems.
- Identify the characteristics of the traditional RAID arrays and Distributed RAID arrays as part of the FlashSystem 9100 storage solution.
- Summarize the symmetric virtualization process to scale up and scale out a FlashSystem 9100 system environment.
- Summarize the virtualization process of internal and external storage systems.