This five-day course features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere® 6.7, which includes VMware ESXi™ 6.7 and VMware vCenter Server® 6.7. This course prepares you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organization of any size. It is the foundation for most other VMware technologies in the software-defined data center.
- Describe the software-defined data center.
- Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure.
- Add ESXi hosts to a VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™ instance.
- Manage vCenter Server Appliance.
- Use a local content library as an ISO store, and deploy a virtual machine.
- Describe vCenter Server architecture.
- Use vCenter Server to manage an ESXi host.
- Configure and manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware Host Client™ and VMware vSphere® Client™.
- Describe virtual networks with vSphere standard switches.
- Configure standard switch policies.
- Examine the features and functions of Fibre Channel and VMware vSAN™.
- Manage virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots.
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion®.
- Migrate virtual machine storage with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®.
- Monitor resource usage, and manage resource pools.
- Discuss the VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster architecture.
- Configure vSphere HA
- Manage vSphere HA and VMware vSphere® Fault Tolerance
- Use VMware vSphere® Replication™ and VMware vSphere® Data Protection™ to replicate virtual machines and perform data recovery
- Use VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ clusters to improve host scalability
- Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations
- Identify troubleshooting methodology to logically diagnose faults and improve troubleshooting efficiency
Who Can Benefit
- System administrators
- System engineers