This course is intended for IT professionals tasked with administering a Spectrum Scale system. It includes information on installing, configuring and monitoring a Spectrum Scale cluster.
This course replaces AN82G from Power brand.
This advanced course is for IT professionals tasked with administering a Spectrum Scale system.
- Migrate a GPFS 3.5 cluster to IBM Spectrum Scale 4.2
- Migrate an IBM Spectrum Scale 4.1 cluster to 4.2
- Describe and set up GUI interface
- Execute performance collection infrastructure
- Describe the IBM Spectrum Scale multi-cluster functionality, how to remote mount file systems, and the security configuration in a multi-cluster environment.
- Describe, install, and configure Clustered Network File System (cNFS)
- Define, deploy, debug, and log Cluster Export Service (CES)
- Describe multi-protocol support
- Describe the Server Message Block (SMB) Protocol family and clients; solve and monitor SMB recovery scenarios; troubleshoot SMB
- Manage exports in CES Network File System (NFS) and debug CES NFS
- Describe home and cache features
- List the various Active File Management (AFM) modes; create and manage an AFM relationship
- Define and introduce asynchronous disaster recovery (DR)
- List the recovery point objectives (RPOs) and failover options
- Describe the Linear Tape File System (LTFS) Enterprise Edition (EE) Introduction
- Describe the GPFS policy driven storage management
- Describe the HSM archival solution with LTFS EE
- Define how to create a file placement optimization (FPO) pool
- Describe using Spectrum Scale with Hadoop
- Identity the scenarios in which GPFS-FPO is applicable
- Define Share Nothing Architecture
- Describe the design and architecture of the Call Home feature and describe its functionality
- List the usage/advanced usage of the Call Home feature
- Describe GPFS Performance parameters and GPFS tuning considerations
- Monitor a GPFS cluster
- Describe flash cache capabilities
- Move metadata to flash cache