Provide focused training for experienced UNIX administrators on how to install, customize, and administer the AIX operating system in a multiuser POWER (System p) partitioned environment. The course is based on AIX 7.1 running on a Power system managed by Hardware Management Console version 7 and provides practical discussions that are appropriate to earlier AIX releases.
This intermediate course is intended for experienced UNIX system administrators who need training to support their transition to supporting AIX running on POWER processor based systems in a multiuser POWER (System p) partitioned environment.
- Install the AIX operating system, filesets, and RedHat Package Manager (RPM) packages
- Perform system startup and shutdown
- Discuss and use system management tools such as System Management Interface Tool (SMIT) and IBM Systems Director console for AIX.
- Manage physical and logical devices.
- Discuss the purpose of the logical volume manager.
- Perform logical volume and file system management.
- Perform and restore system backups.
- Use the AIX error log as a tool in problem determination.
- Configure Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networking.